Schematic Design Manager Job Description
As an employee at Alloy you are a part of a team with the goal to provide our Clients with a superb experience. To achieve this goal we aim to deliver projects of exceptional quality, delivered within the proposed schedule and for the established budget. As a small firm working as a team your tasks and responsibilities will be diverse. To achieve our goals we will need to utilize a wide variety of skills including attention to detail, a high level of organization, a warm personality, a willingness to learn and an “all for one, one for all” action-oriented mindset.
- Develop design iterations quickly and explain them clearly to both teammates and Clients using Sketchup and hand drawing.
- Manage the Client’s experience throughout the Schematic Design Phase.
- Manage the production schedule for multiple projects through the Schematic Design Phase.
- Review project program, design proposal and completed client questionnaire.
- Review with the Clients and Selections Manager the ‘Look and Feel’ documents (Pinterest/Houzz) for each Project.
- Assist in creation of an existing conditions digital model and as-built drawing set.
- Assist in review of local, state and federal codes, regulations and zoning requirements.
- Work with Project Developer (estimator) to identify scope of work, budget items and allowance items.
- Investigate new products and materials.
- Create documents for all phases of the design process: sketch, build and refine 3D models, create and revise drawing sets and create presentation drawings.
- Assist in creation of a complete drawing set for obtaining a building permit and pricing.
- Attend and record meetings with Architectural Team and Clients.
- Attend and participate in weekly Architecture team and monthly company meetings.
- Maintain an organized work space.
- Submit time tracking on a daily basis.
- Bachelors or Masters degree from an accredited Architecture or Interior Design program.
- Experience working full time for an architectural firm.
- Proficiency with Sketchup.
- Experience with all aspects of an architecture project.
- Confidence and talent in design and communication.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume, and portfolio.
RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL
ARCHITECTURE & CONSTRUCTION
1109 Rose Hill Drive
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903